Wednesday, June 25, 2008

911...TRAUMA IN THE E.R..........

Ok--I'm posting it! I have debated over posting this because I wasn't sure I should post the picture that goes with it....but here goes!
It's amazing how a fun afternoon of swimming with your cousins can go south in an instant.
Sunday afternoon, we went to Katie's to swim with all the kids. Big fun, or so you would think. And it was, until Evan decided to do a backdive (her version is basically an "almost" backflip) off the side of the pool.
Well.....it didn't go so well. She hit her head on the edge and made quite a cut just inside her hairline.
Brad pulled her up out of the pool, took a look, and to say the least.....he kind of panicked.
I (nursing degree comes in handy sometimes) did not panic. Evan.....she really panicked. ("I can't handle this." -"I don't want to die!" -"This is the worst day of my life!")
Anyway, obviously we took her to the E.R. They stitched up the deeper part of the inside, then stapled up the outside (using staples allows them to close it up without shaving any hair). She handled it very well once we got to the E.R. I was very proud of her.
So, here is a picture of the cut that I took with my phone.

Here it is all clean and stapled up. We can wash her hair like normal, but she can't go under in a pool for about 10 days. Not good when you go swimming almost every day. Anyway, she is perfectly fine now, no pain at all! I'll take the staples out after 2 weeks and it'll all be over. God Is Good! This could have been so much worse.......-h.

1 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I would have paniced!!! I'm glad she is ok!