Monday, July 7, 2008

It's Done!....(not really, but almost).......

Well, all we have left is to have the built in hutch painted and then it will be official.......DONE! Holly, the artist who painted Ella's nursery, is supposed to come this week to paint it. Remember, the first post about this kitchen was May 1st. A mere 10 weeks later, here we are. Many seasoned remodelers told me it would take this long, but I never believed it. Live and learn. First, I'll post a picture of the old kitchen.

This was obviously taken after we discovered the leak and tore out the dishwasher.
TAADAA! We love having it opened up to the living room. We are trying to find barstools we like for this bar. It's so nice to be eating homecooked meals again. Here is the hutch. I was going to have it painted black, but Holly suggested a deep sage
green. I think that would be really pretty, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment or call me! Such a long and miserable process. I am so glad it's over. Totally worth it!!!!!

5 comments:

Mary Kate said...

WOW Heather!!! That looks great!! I love the granite with dark cabinets & how much more open it is!!!

check out these barstools:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p8181/index.cfm?pkey=cfurbabstl
(they also have them with backs...we have these & love them! I think they would look great in your new kitchen!)

Our Blessed Family said...

Heather it looks so great!!!! It turned out beautifully!!!! The colors are great and I love the new open kitchen! I'm with Mary Kate, WOW!!!

Jenna said...

It is fabulous! I can't wait to come by and see it in person!

Cara said...

Oh Heather. I LOVE it. You always wanted to redo the kitchen and I am glad you got to do it. I am trying to think of a color to suggest for the hutch... I wish I could see the granite in person. I am in the hunt for bar stools...still and we have been here since February.

Rachel Brown said...

Oh my gosh Heather I love the kitchen. Tell Brad I am coming over to list the house HAAAAAAAAa

Rachel