Friday, May 30, 2008

In Awe........

I am so lucky to be a mother. Isn't it amazing that such tiny little people (children) can be so humbling. I am truly in awe of my daughter.

We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 this morning. Now, I will say, she was quite a bear when I woke her up. She is our late sleeper and will sleep until 10:00 on any given day, so 5am is not her thing. But after being up for a bit, she came around. Evan got up (on her own, because she is not a late sleeper at all) to see her off and it was so obvious that Ella was comforted by her hug and kiss goodbye. Oh, to have a sister!

When we got to the hospital, she quietly waited while I registered her. When we went back to pre-op, she sat on the bed while I answered questions about her health history. When they took her vital signs, she smiled and complied, as always. When anyone spoke to her, she politely responded. She took the liquid Versed with a smile. She was an angel, seriously. (not to say she can't be the most rotten child in the world at any given moment, but today - perfect) She behaved better than some adults that I have taken care of.
The surgeon and anesthesiologist came and spoke with us, then they rolled her away. And I fell apart for a moment.

About 30 minutes later, the surgeon came out-----with only the extra tooth!!!! He was able to get it out without pulling any teeth. Shocked, I was, because he was pretty sure he'd have to pull one. He had the extra tooth in a container and gave it to me. So strange. Why was it there? (The nurse in me needs answers.) All she has to show for this surgery is 4 stitches in here mouth that will disolve in a few days (because they are magic)!

Shortly after that, we got to go back to the recovery room to see her. Oh my gosh, I've never seen anything so precious as her trying to grin at me with her mouth all numb (and still feeling a little goofy from the Versed). I held her, so greatful that it was over and she was fine and she wasn't hurting. Gosh, it's tough when your child has to go through something like that. Even though it wasn't anything big, it is still scary. It definitely humbles you. Certainly a time when my relationship with God grows, and God is good, isn't he!!!

So we hung out in the recovery room for a bit, then headed home. We were home by 8:30. She has made out like a bandit today. Many gifts from me and Daddy, my friend Holly, Nanny, and Ms. Whitney include a couple of Spongebob movies, Curious George movies, popsicles, suckers, bubbles, farting putty (seriously), water guns, and more. And we still have tonights visit from the Tooth Fairy. Big day!

I am so lucky, so blessed, to have these 2 sweet sisters!..............-h.

Here she is all ready to go. She had already had her Versed and was feeling pretty good!

Home, with all her teeth!

Chillin on the couch, enjoying a popsicle from Ms. Whitney.Here it is: That Crazy Extra Tooth!

2 comments:

Cara said...

How cute it she?!?!

Meinardus Photography said...

awww... That is sweet! Hey if you don't care I am going to add you to my list of daily blogs... Let me know if that is ok. It will be on my family blog page, I know that I am logged in under my photography right now.