Monday, February 9, 2009

Want to see something AMAZING.......

You have maybe read by now about the party at Lesli's house on Saturday night. You bring a photo that you want to have painted, and this gal sends it off somewhere, someone paints it, and you get a fabulous oil painting of a treasured photo at a GREAT PRICE.
The problem is....they paint the photo exactly as it is, there is no modifying it.
Hubs and I decided we wanted a portrait of our beloved Boston Terrier, Brother. But, you see, Brother is very weird (VERY weird), and everytime I would put him somewhere and try to pose him...he would hunker down and lay his ears back (can you say FA-REAK!). Not so cute for a portrait. On the other hand, if I brought him into the kitchen with a bunch of ugly stuff in the background, he would sit up....ears perched...like the beauty that he is (just sayin').
UGH! What is a desparate girl to do?
Why....call upon a fabulous photographer to work some magic with Photoshop, that's what!
Here is the picture I took: (note the lovely pink basketball between his ears....wouldn't that look fab in an oil painting?)

And after MikaBeth works her magic:

Could you not just die!!!???!!! That chair is in HER house. Brother has never even seen it...let alone sat up in it like a handsome stud!
I love it soooo much. This is going to be the prize possession that my girls will fight over after hubs and I die. When hubs saw what MikaBeth did with this picture....he was seriously beaming. Now anyone who knows him knows how he loves this dog (and everyone else's dog for that matter) so this is such a great treat for us. (non dog lovers...bear with us).
I will be sure to post a picture of the painting when it arrives. And Angie and I are going to have a party in April, so start picking out your pictures that you want to have painted.
She had a ton of examples at Lesli's party and they were amazing....and I'm telling you...the price is right! hrk

10 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

How cute! Mika Beth is nothing short of amazing either!!

Mary Kate said...

u r too funny...how much are u talking for these oil paintings??

Angie said...

LOVING IT! Poor little Meatball... his mommy is an amateur. Such an amateur, he will be constipated for quite a while. It took a lot of cheese to get my Olan Mills quality photo. All I need is a tree stump to rest his little paws on... LOL

Haley Nicodemus said...

Photoshop is amazing!

Will you tell us how "cheap" the oil paintings actually are? I'm really curious!

Jenna said...

OMG!!! It's even more amazing to me now that I see what the original looks like. Do you think Mika Beth could make me look like Miss America?!

Emily & Drew said...

Your dog is so cute! I love BTs!! That photo transformation is amazing -- I hope the painting turns out as good for you!

the alder boys said...

OMG!!! That is too freakin funny! What a handsome dog you have!! Can't wait to see the finished product! Thanks again for coming to the party! It was sooo much fun to hang out with all you girls. We must do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

oh, we will be in vegas next week, but I want to come to yours and Angies party, k? maybe I will dress Louie up and let his boobs hang out like those monkey picture at now and then??

Rachel Brown said...

That is the funniest thing ever. I bet poor Brother wishes he got to sit in that chair!

Madison Beyers said...

HA! that is magnificent! hahaahah. Brother and his fine self! i love how mika beth has that fabric on her chair! Its the same one that is in our kitchen! love it.