Tuesday, August 12, 2008

anxiety........

How many posts can I write about the impending 'first day of school'? Huh, we'll see! So, this morning Brad drove the girls by the school to see if the class lists were posted on the door yet....and they were! Ella called me and with so much excitement, she screamed, "I got Ms. Fimple!!". (Ms. Fimple was Evan's kindergarten teacher and we all LOVE her). She was so happy and it really made me feel so much better about her going to school. She was just as excited about the fact that Hannah, her best friend from preschool, is also in Ms. Fimple's class. This was probably all she needed to get over her anxiety and get her excited about going to school. Evan got the teacher she wanted too, Ms. Pierce. And a lot of her friends are in her class, as well, so all is well. She is eager to get back to school, though she's a little apprehensive because she has heard that 3rd grade is....HARD!!! She'll sail through it, I'm sure. She's a smarty pants. Tonight we went to kindergarten orientation. That was good. Ms. Fimple is excited to have Ella and blah, blah, blah.....but I am not excited. What the heck am I going to do without my teeny, tiny, baby Ella at home???? Actually, I am sure I will adjust quite well to all the free time, but still....life goes by too fast! So tomorrow we will try to spend a long, glorious day at the pool and pretend like the end of summer isn't here. (queen of denial, aren't I) The picture of the dog would be my self portrait this week.

1 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

Oh I can't even imagine Jade going to school! It is hard enough that Kamden is going. I keep thinking that Jade will be easier but I am probably wrong! Kamden goes tomorrow to meet his teacher and everything. I am probably more nervous than he is!