Monday, December 29, 2008

Here's a little commercial......

Tin cans, ribbon and decoupage = 7.99 Apron, ribbon, material for pocket = 5.99 Two sisters with gifts they will cherish FOREVER = Priceless Ok....taking time to do this with my girls is by far the most meaningful thing I did this whole Christmas season. The girls had sooooo much fun making the gifts for each other and the pride they felt was amazing. They have already been talking about what they want to make next year and asking if they can do it for birthdays, too. They couldn't stand waiting so they opened them Christmas Eve morning. It was the best. The screaming and excitement was so priceless and they seriously have enjoyed these two gifts better than any other. It made us all feel very good. I highly recommend doing this if you have older kids. If I find the blog that I found the idea on I'll post it because she had a lot of neat ideas for things to make. She had younger kids, too, and she included them by letting them go to the store to choose something like new toothbrushes or a fun box of bandaids for each of their siblings, so you really can do it with all ages. So. Worth. It. hrk

I swear, she hasn't had this apron off for more than an hour since she opened it. She even slept in it last night (not to my knowledge,until this morning).

She. LOVES. these.
I sooooo love this picture! I am going to frame one for each of their bedrooms to remind them of what they accomplished for the sake of their sister!

4 comments:

Angie said...

how sweet...

Anonymous said...

OMG! Your blog always make me laugh out loud - through tears. Your girls are so beautiful and sweet and you have such a perfect little family. I love it!

Mary Kate said...

how sweet!! your girls are so sweet & beautiful!! this is a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

storming remer timesbub overseen loud wlbpl adducts smallest regions assay htlitov
lolikneri havaqatsu