Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lovin' me some patio......

Soooo.....the patio is finito! Done. And I love it. We have spent sooo much time out there already. It makes me sick that we didn't do this 5 years ago. It's just so nice to be able to spend time outside in a comfortable place. We got the table and chairs at Wal Mart. It's brown wicker with big, thick, red cushions and I love it. It did cost more than I wanted to spend, but I think in the long run, it was better to spend a little more, rather than get something I didn't love.
We had the wicker conversation set already, but it was white. 16 cans of brown spray paint later, it looks pretty good. (ok, maybe 8 cans).
And here is the most popular area....the basketball court! The girls have played every. single. day. since we got this done.
The back doors got a fresh coat of paint.....the were disgusting. This black stuff (mildew or mold or something) was all over them....
And you gotta love the gray area down there from where the dogs have scratched the paint off.... Here they are all painted up pretty.....this literally took me about 30 minutes to do....Why did I live with it looking filthy and gross for so long?
Now, the work turns to the yard! It looks terrible. Besides the ruts left from the concrete truck, there are several other area that need to be sodded. I need a money tree to plant out there! Anybody know where I can get one?
And....it's getting close to t-ball time again...so Ella has been practicing like a mad girl! Hubs is coaching her team this year, which makes the obsession even worse.
She has been begging him to get her a bucket of 24 baseballs that she saw at Academy. He got it for her yesterday, and she hit them all afternoon and evening. She has come a long way from last year with her hitting.
I got a little video: She fell asleep sitting up on the couch tonight. She's a true die-hard t-ball girl! I. love. it!
Evan sat out there and watched her a cheered her on...then came in and wrote a 'Sports Report' about Ella's t-ball/batting status. Then she reported the story, evening news style, for everyone about 25 times. Too cute!
hrk

6 comments:

Angie said...

PATIO LOOKS AMAZING!!
I think I need to have a cocktail on one of those red cushioned chairs SOON! :)

Rachel Brown said...

Beautiful!! OH and next time the mold comes to the back door I have three words instead of paint. Magic Clean Eraser! It is my best friend. Our back door looks horrible right now. You are little Martha I tell you!

Cara said...

Great looking patio!!!

Sarah and Brad said...

Ohhhh the patio looks great!! And the basketball court is so cool...I bet your girls think you guys are the best!

nat said...

The patio looks good! I love to sit out on ours when it is nice and I can watch the kids play...enjoy!

Evan said...

Happy birthday Nanny! we love you so much and you are the best person ever and like I said. You are YOUNG!