Friday, January 2, 2009

Mission: Organization.........

Well....here it is....my long awaited New Years Resolution post. (I know you all have been dying to see this one). Here goes....There was a time when I was a MAJOR NEAT FREAK. Like the one that puts your glass in the dishwasher before you are done with your drink. Like the one who (I'm not kidding about this) STARCHED AND IRONED sheets before they went on the bed. I'm not lyin', girls! And those of you who know me well know that this is the truth. Problem is.....after a couple of kids and a very messy husband, well, it just left me. The neat freak has left the house and here I am just to look at the messes and shut them behind a door. Now, I'm not sayin' my house if filthy....I still keep things fairly picked up and surfaces clean and all that...but, I have started doing something that my mother (love ya mom, i'm just sayin') has always done. It's called PILES of STUFF! UUUUUGGGGHHHHH! So....in order to get this under control....I took some pictures of just a few of the piles so that you peeps can see what I'm talking about. Look (with the pleasure that I know you are feeling) at these:

This is a little alcove cutout thing in my bedroom. I had the shelves put in in an attempt to make it a place to keep my embroidery machine and make it look neat and organized. Well you can see that the organization stopped with the shelves. Seriously. It's random piles of crap, some sewing stuff, some pictures that used to hang in my bedroom, a notebook for something, a basket of papers and stuff. What the heck? But keep lookin' girls, cause you ain't seen nothin' yet!

This is Ella's closet and, honestly, this picture doesn't do the clutter and mess justice. It's a nightmare, people...a nightmare! (but when you can just close the doors, it's so easy to forget)

This is a section of cabinets in my hallway that we use to store....um....every single thing that will fit! It started as a game cabinet for all the board games and puzzles and such, but after 5 years in this house, it has evolved into this. Scares me!
But this....oh, girls, this is the cream of the disasterous crop! This is a computer cabinet that is in our dining room. Whaaattt? "Why! There is no computer in it!" you say. Well......sweet friends.....actually, there is. Evan's laptop is in there, only the mystery is.....where? Who knows? Not I. I just open this cabinet to throw in any loose paper, book, balloon, picture, hairbow, whateva....then close it back real fast before everything falls out! Don't ya love it?
SOOOOO.....thus brings us to the Mission....Organization! I have got my work cut out for me, but I am giving myself the entire year to tackle these four projects. I will post the results (if they happen)!
Be sure to enter my contest.....check the post below!
And don't ya'll go talkin' about my messes behind my back!
hrk

4 comments:

Angie said...

I totally remember you ironing your sheets...

Cara said...

I was coming to post that too. I remember you ironing the girl's sheets, pillow cases, dustruffles, etc. I feel better about my messes seeing someone else's. Our entire upstairs is a disaster that we were just up there beginning to tackle. Loose papers stress me out...Shredding party here I come.

Rachel Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for the sweet comments! Which schticker are you ordering?

I noticed your sewing machine...maybe we could trade some expertise sometime...I can spruce up your blog and you can teach me how to sew! :) I got a Husqvarna sewing machine for Christmas, and don't have a CLUE how to sew...I'm just very ambitious! I think it's a pretty good machine, so I hope it doesn't go to waste!

Have a great Saturday!