Monday, January 5, 2009

Ouch........

Well.....back to the mundane, day in and day out school life we go! But not without a small glitch. Oh, no, not at my house! Brad and the girls left last Thursday morning and headed to his dad's cabin in "Middle of Nowhere, Arkansas". (I know...poor me, I had to be alone here for 3 days....you know I was hating it (wink, wink)! Anyway, they spent almost the entire time outdoors, exploring in the woods, sitting around the fire, and all things fun for outdoorsy people (not I). When they got home Sunday, Ella's eye was a little swollen. You never know with that girl because she is NON-STOP! So, I didn't worry too much...until she woke up this morning. WAY WORSE! And she was complaining about it, alot. Now, out comes the nurse: oh, she could have something in it....it can cause permanent damage....it could be a horrid infection...oooh.....MRSA, Staph.....UGH!....and this goes on until I get her to her pediatricians office and wait for an hour....to find out..............it's her allergies! Go figure. I sure didn't expect that, but was glad to hear it. He did some neat test with a black light and a flouresent eye drop to check for an injury to the eye. VERY COOL! (COOL because there wasn't a tear. If there had been, not cool). Worst part....she was dying to get to school this morning because SHE'S THE LEADER! I am just not sure how the kindergarten class made it until 10:30 without her this morning.
No Leader!!! Seriously! Oh, the drama!

Honestly, this picture makes it not look so bad. Swear- it looked bad!

hrk

3 comments:

Small Town Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Small Town Girl said...

I am glad to hear that it was just her allergies and nothing that was worse. I sure hope she feels better soon that just stinks that she isn't feeling well on her first day back to school. I sure hope her class got to where they needed to go with out her for a couple of hours. They will be glad to see her as she will be to see them im sure. Cute Picture!

Lorie said...

She is too cute! I hope her eye gets better soon and am glad she got to go to school! Being the leader and all! ;D